When coming to the UK as an au pair, BAPAA strongly recommends that you take out insurance, either before you travel or when you arrive in the UK, for your own financial and personal security.
You can take out your own insurance, or take out the Policy offered by Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited in association with BAPAA.
You will receive a discount of 10% when you buy the policy online, using the link below. You will need to use a debit card or credit card to pay online.
This Policy covers: emergency medical expenses, repatriation, cancellation or curtailment charges, baggage, personal money, passport and documents, course fees, personal liability, legal expenses.
You can see full details of the policy using the link below.
To save 10%, get a quote, arrange instant cover and look at the documents online - click here
This policy is mainly used for international students, so here is some help for au pairs using the link to buy insurance:
- Fill in the start date and end date of the insurance
- Fill in Number of travellers aged 18-65 (usually 1, or 2 if you are an au pair couple)
- Fill in your age
- Click on How Much? to get your quote
- You will then reach a page with heading "Travel Eligibility Statements".
The statement "Are an international student (or their immediate family) studying for a degree or other recognised qualification at a College or University in the United Kingdom or studying a language course at an Accredited Language School in the United Kingdom" does not apply to BAPAA.
However, to proceed you must agree to the remaining statement.
- Click on "I agree" to move on to the next page and get your quote / buy your insurance policy.
- Click on "Select" to continue and pay for your insurance.
Ask your host family if you need more help with this.
In association with